The serial number, model number, and IMEI fields give you the ability to track the hardware (sensor, or device) that the SIM card is in. These fields are usually found under the heading "Connected Hardware."
The fields are available on the following pages:
- Inventory table (Subscriptions > Inventory)
- Subscription details page (Subscriptions > Inventory - ICCID
- Diagnose (Subscriptions > Inventory - ICCID - Diagnose or from the subscriptions page)
The article includes:
Note the following before starting your updates:
- Maximum 400,000 SIMs for each bulk upload
- Field size restrictions:
Field Maximum size (including spaces) SIM number 25 characters IMEI number 14-15 numbers Serial number 32 characters Model number 30 characters
- No special character restrictions
- SIM numbers are not verified until after the request is submitted
- Non-English letters or numbers will be replaced with a "?" for each character
- Updates will automatically override any value in that field
- Empty fields on the spreadsheet will not remove the existing value
Note: If you need to remove an existing model or serial number, you will need to create a standard entry (N/A) as you cannot delete the value in the field, only change it in bulk (you can manually delete entries individually from the Subscriptions Details page)
- If there is an error on the spreadsheet, the entire upload file will be rejected
Update a single SIM
You must use the bulk update for all connected hardware updates.
Update multiple SIMs (bulk update)
Subscriptions > Inventory - Bulk Update
- Select Bulk Update from the inventory menu.
- Select Download Template. The spreadsheet will download and open automatically.
- Select enable editing on the spreadsheet, and change the cell format from general to text.
- Add your SIM numbers (ICCID), IMEIs, serial numbers, model numbers, and save the file.
- Select Browse on the update window, upload your excel file and then select CONTINUE.
- Review the confirmation or error message page to see if any corrections are needed and resubmit the file. Resubmit until you receive the request submitted page.
The system will only validate field length before processing your request. Download the report to review all needed changes.
If the size of all the fields on your spreadsheet is within the range, you will receive a confirmation message.
Continue to review request status.
Review request status
You will not receive an email when the updates are complete. Watch the notifications (bell) for a notification message. Bulk updates, except for larger files, are completed almost instantly.
You must review your request for completion to ensure your SIM numbers, which are not validated during the bulk upload, all verify. Any invalid SIM numbers will fail your upload request.
- Open the alerts and notification icon .
- Review the notifications tab for the status of your update.
Upload request status Notes Success
Note: The view button will take you back to the subscriptions page, not show you the list of the ICCIDs updated.
The process is complete.
Continue to the next step.
- Select the download button on the alert message and open the spreadsheet to view the upload errors.
- Fix any errors and resubmit.