The Inactive Traffic rule condition alerts you when there is traffic on a suspended SIM.
Setting the Inactive Traffic Condition
- Select Rules from the Dashboard navigator to open the Rules page.
- Select Create Rule.
- Enter a name for the new Rule.
- Select the Severity level (Low, Medium, High, or Critical). The default is Medium.
- Select Add Conditions.
- Select Inactive Traffic and select Continue.
- Enter a name. The default name is Inactive Traffic but you can enter a different name.
- Select Continue. (If you need to change your selection, Back returns to the previous selection.)
- Select Save. "ON" displays indicating that the Inactive Traffic Condition has been set.
Once Conditions are saved, they are displayed in a list in the Conditions section of the Create a Rule page.
Several Condition types are available. Adding at least one Condition is required.
Note: Duplicates of the same Condition within a Rule are not allowed. Refer to Following Rule Condition Restrictions for a list of all restrictions.
You can be notified when an alert is triggered by selecting Add Action and entering one or more e-mail addresses. If you need help, refer to Receiving e-mail notifications about Alerts.
When the Condition and e-mail addresses have been added, click Create Rule.
- SecurityPro checks whether a name for the Rule has been entered . If a name has not been entered, the Rule is not created and the Rule name field is highlighted in red. Enter a Rule name and click Create Rule to create the Rule.
- If a Severity Level for this Rule has not been selected, it defaults to Medium.
Once created, the new Rule is added to the list on the Rules page.
You can now assign this Rule to a Group. For help, refer to Assigning a Rule to a Group.
Important! SecurityPro only monitors your devices to notify you when your Device is not behaving as expected. It does not resolve this behavior. You must take action to resolve your Device’s behavior and then acknowledge within SecurityPro that you have done so.