You must create a Rule before you can assign it to a Group. Once you've created a Rule, you assign that Rule to a Group. The devices in the Group must meet conditions set in this Rule. If they do not, an alert is triggered.
Note: Rules that have been assigned to the Group or have been paused are shown under the Rules section of the Group page.
- Search for the Group using the Search field located on the Dashboard.
You can search by either the full or partial Group name. You can also search from the Groups page but searching from the Dashboard is quicker for this procedure. A list of Groups matching your entry displays below the Search field.
- Select the Group you need from the list.
- Click Assign Rule on the Groups page.
- Enter at least 4 characters in the Search Rules field to locate the Rule that you want to assign to the Group. If more than one Rule matches your search, select the Rule that you want to assign.
Notice that Rules that have already been assigned to this Group are displayed in the list.
- Click Assign Rule located to the right of the Rule that you want to assign.
- Click Done.
- Verify that the Rule has been assigned to the Group, search for the Rule or scroll down the Rules list on the page and check that the Rule you assigned is located in the list.
Note: If needed, you can assign more than one Rule to a Group.