The article contains the following:
- What is a sandbox environment?
- What data updates to sandbox from production
- Getting Started
- What you can and cannot do in sandbox
What is a sandbox environment?
Sandbox serves as an environment for customers to use to get familiar with the UI or develop applications that integrate with the public APIs.
It is important to note that sandbox does not have a live carrier integration or billing process like production. All data generated and SIMs ordered in sandbox are simulated and will not impact your production account or make it to your monthly invoice.
What data updates to sandbox from production
The section includes the following:
There are user data sets in ConnectivityPro that both sandbox and production environments share through regular updates and a few user data sets that are exclusive to just sandbox.
User data common to both environments
|Users||User information is updated daily at 00:00 UTC.
Note: The login credentials between production and sandbox are the same. Changes in login credentials made in production will be reflected in sandbox. Changes in login credentials made in sandbox will also be reflected in production.
|User, new||Any new users created in the production environment can access sandbox the next day at 00:00 UTC.|
|Service type||Updated weekly from production to sandbox every Sunday at 00:00 UTC.|
|Plans||Updated weekly from production to sandbox every Sunday at 00:00 UTC.|
|Features||Updated weekly from production to sandbox every Sunday at 00:00 UTC|
User data exclusive to sandbox
|Subscriptions||Also known as SIMs.|
|Activation profiles||Used to add plans and features during activation.|
|Usage data||Fictional information used for testing purposes.|
The section includes the following:
- Order SIMs
- Create an activation profile for activating your SIMs/subscriptions
- Activate your first SIM/subscription through the public API
- Generate usage for simulation and testing
Getting started with sandbox can be done quickly. When you log into sandbox for the first time, you will have a blank (empty) account with no SIMs, activation profiles, or usage. It's a fresh start. Follow the following steps to get you going as fast as possible.
Sandbox is located at https://connect.sandbox.korewireless.com and is accessible by anyone who has a production account with KORE. Any user currently registered in production will also be able to log into sandbox with the same credentials they use in production. If the user cannot access sandbox, they may not have an active account in production.
To do anything in ConnectivityPro, you need SIMs. You first need to place a stock order. The environment will automatically fulfill the order after the order is received.
Note: Refer to the order SIMs or stock order article for detailed information.
- Go to Quick Links > Stock Order.
- Complete the mandatory fields (*) in the order they appear and select CONTINUE.
- Add the mandatory shipping details and select CONTINUE. You can add any information you like as no SIMs will be shipped.
- Select CONFIRM to submit the order. Subscriptions/SIMs are added to your sandbox account once the order is received. Go to the Subscriptions page and refresh it from time to time to see the subscriptions being added to your inventory.
Create an activation profile for activating your SIMs/subscriptions
Activation profiles include the plans, features, and APN combinations you will use for activating your SIMs.
Note: Refer to the activation profiles article for detailed information.
- Go to Account > Account Information > Activation Profiles and select New Activation Profile.
- Enter the mandatory information and select CONTINUE.
- Select the data and SMS plan, and then select CONTINUE.
- Select the features and then select CONTINUE.
- Select CONFIRM to submit the new activation profile. The activation profile will now be available in your sandbox account.
Go to https://connect.sandbox.korewireless.com/account?tab=account&child=activationprofiles to see your newly created activation profile. You can activate subscriptions in the UI using this activation profile or use the activation profile id to activate the subscriptions using the API.
Activate your first SIM/subscription through the Public API
Generate usage for simulation and testing
|Requirements||subscription-id for an active SIM/subscription.|
Refer to the quick start guide to learn more about ConnectivityPro.
What you can and cannot do in sandbox
|What can you do||What you cannot do|
|Stock order - create||Users - create|
|Activation profile - create||Usage parsing|